Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I Need A Hero

(Anyone singing the Bonnie Tyler classic?? You'll sing it all day. You're welcome.)

Why is everyone getting on the Tim Tebow bandwagon? Now that he's done his damage to the steel curtain, even some die hard Pittsburgh fans are going to cheer him on. So why the sudden surge of support for an unlikely hero? We love an underdog. We love a Cinderella story. Even if his "te-bowing " and constant talk about his faith gets on your nerves, you have to respect that he appears to be the real deal. No one can dig up any dirt on him. The suits behind the desk on ESPN critique his form, compare it to other world class hall of famers, question his every move. Even John Elway is not a fan. What the heck? But you know what? He's doing it! I don't know how long it will last, but we love the ride. It's fun to cheer on the seemingly impossible.


Get where I'm going here? My motivations are pretty transparent. I want to remind you (and remind myself) that when you decide to take on a challenge, especially one that seems unachievable, people are dying to cheer you on...to see you win. Of course there will be poo poo head naysayers. There will always be malcontents and those who are jealous. There are those who are angry you have forced them to reflect on their own actions.

I've had a really great week. I've received a lot of encouragement and positive feedback. I'm excited again. I'm on an uptick. I believe I can do this. And a lot of that is due to the feedback and cheering from you. I am so blessed to be in a place to really make this happen.

There are stories of people achieving the impossible since the beginning of time. Scared to try? Get a fan club. Be someone else's fan. In the whirl of encouragement you may just find you are the hero someone else has been looking for. Get it done, people!

See ya in the gym!

P.S. Did anyone miss the Thursday Three last week? Oopsie...

No comments:

Post a Comment