Tuesday, June 19, 2012

I'm At 12!

"I'm at 12" is a mantra I like to use when I work out. It's how I motivate myself to get to the final few reps in a set of twenty reps. When I'm at twelve, there are only eight more. I'm more than halfway. There's no turning back - just breathe and push through.

Get where I'm going here? I am currently 9 months through my year-long journey. I have already talked to my trainer and my show date has moved to the right by three or four months. It's okay. I've had a few setbacks. When I started this plan last October, I had no idea that I would be moving to another state and opening my own store. Just a teensy weensy bit distracting!!

I am really enjoying my training sessions again. My NC trainer is really a gem. I have enough muscle development now that we can really concentrate on how to train my body with the best possible effect. I am concentrating on things like ensuring my biceps muscles are developing in symmetry to my triceps, making sure each of the faces of the quadraceps is equally prominent - cool stuff like that. He is helping me develop my shins and ankles so I can run more efficiently and with less discomfort. I feel like a science experiment and I'm loving it! I liken the process to when a musician is first learning the notes; it's impossible to really work on "making music." I have spent the last two years woodshedding. Now I get to spend time making the notes come alive. And as any musician knows, that's a lot more fun and rewarding.

I promise to do better about keeping you posted and writing more frequently. I see posts on Facebook that a lot of you are on your own journeys. Keep me posted. I want to encourage you! Maybe you're at twelve and you need to be reminded you are only eight more reps away from reaching your goal.

See ya in the gym!


No comments:

Post a Comment