Friday, December 9, 2011

Thursday Three is Friday Four

Thursday Three is Friday Four; not because I have more to say, but because I didn't get to it yesterday.

1. Mountain View High School has a wonderful Arts Dept with talented and dedicated teachers. It is because of people like chorus teacher Bonita Keene (my sister!), band teacher Doug Armstrong and Theatre Tech Ops teacher Eric Hokanson that I was inspired to quit my job and pursue something I could love and be passionate about. The kids are wonderful examples of a time when we worked hard to pursue our dreams. I attended a fantastic, entertaining chorus concert last night and am looking forward to the band concert on Tuesday. It's great to get inspiration from others. If you live in the North Stafford area, check out one of the programs at MVHS.

2. I posted new bikini pics on bodybuilding.com. If you had asked me two years ago if I would like to post ANY pictures of myself on the Internet, I would have balked at the idea. But here I am, every month, putting all my flaws out there for the world to see. I do it because it's good for me to be a little uncomfortable. Discomfort helps us grow. It's good for me because in six months you and I are going to see some significant changes! It's good because I can already see subtle change, which keeps me focused and encouraged. I get really uncomfortable when people compliment me because I know what I look like out of the compression pants and push up bra. So if you still want to compliment me after seeing me in a bikini, I'll learn to start taking it and smile and say "thank you".

3. I had the best compliment from my trainer yesterday. (I'd post a link to his email but he is not accepting new clients cuz he's so awesome that he's booked solid. What a guy!) I was doing an exercise where I would catch a 12 lb medicine ball as I squatted, then throw it back to him as I was coming back up. For any of you who have known me for a long time, you know that the whole hand-eye coordination thing has always managed to escape me. So when Bruce described what we were going to do, I was a little intimidated. I rocked! When I mentioned how much better I am at such things, Bruce said...."well, that's cuz you're an athlete." I could have cried. I didn't. I threw the ball a little harder. Yessss!!

4. I have got to remember to do my Thursday Three so I don't have to come up with a Friday Four. This is totally cheating and should count as a Friday Fail...ha!

See ya in the gym!

2 comments: