Thursday, December 29, 2011

Thursday Three - The Silver Lining Seeker is Baaaackkk!!

Hey, everybody. Thanks for going through my pity party with me. I had a good cry, felt sorry for myself, pondered all of the things that have gone wrong and now I'm ready to re-focus on the task at hand - getting lean!!

1) The support of friends and family who really understand you and know how to say the right things to keep you motivated are essential to your success. It was very humbling to rely on the input of others. You know who you are - thanks so much for your encouragement and perspective.

2) I had a great Christmas. I got some of the greatest gifts this year. From my sister, I received 4 sessions with my trainer - thrilling! From my roommate, I received a very gracious gift card to Kohl's because I need new clothes for my skinnier self and from my friend/nutrition coach, I received a water bottle that says "On a journey to a better me one rep at a time." How awesome to receive encouragement in such a tangible way. I'm soo gonna do this and you believe in me!

3) I am really embracing this whole Sports Nutrition lifestyle. I am working on my certification to be a nutrition coach and...wait for it...am opening a Max Muscle Sports Nutrition store in Raleigh, NC by summer(ish). There are a lot of details to figure out between now and then and I'll keep you posted on my parallel path of progress. I'm excited about the business opportunity and eventually owning 100% of the store. Look out, Triangle, I'm coming your way!!

See ya in the gym! Get in there, people!

2 comments:

  1. whoa, OP. you have identified your dreams and you are GOING for them. that takes so much courage. so impressed/inspired/proud to know you, etc. love you!

    ReplyDelete