Thursday, December 15, 2011

Thursday Three

1) It is almost impossible to be grumpy when listening to Christmas music. Sitting in traffic? Blllling! No worries. Burl Ives is telling me to have a Holly Jolly Christmas. Somebody doesn't follow through on what they said they were going to do? Bllllling! Michael Buble is wooing me again with his version of Jingle Bells. Oh my, I still haven't lost a single pound. Blllling! Thank goodness Ella & Bing are telling me to keep my schoz maroon. Ahhh. All better now.

2) While The Biggest Loser is popular and a wonderful show to watch, there is a danger of being discouraged by the ridiculous results the contestants are able to achieve in seven short months. I find myself comparing my progress to the show. It doesn't discount what they do or what I do, but it is human nature to compare. I just gotta keep my head down and press on. You press on too, my friends.

3) One of my sub goals was to get down to 199.9 by the end of the year. When I established the goal, I was 216 lbs. Three weeks ago, I got to 211. Still 211. Hello, new plateau. I'd like to be done with you now. I was 165 lbs when I graduated from high school. I was 185 for a few months in 1996. If I can achieve this goal, it will be the first time I have been under 200 in a very long time. The cool thing is that this time I have changed my lifestyle to set me up for success in keeping it off. I'm pretty excited about that. I'll get there. Gotta get better at being patient. I'm careful about praying for patience though. God always proves to have a sense of humor when people do that.

See ya in the gym!

2 comments:

  1. I will be in 'suspence' until that day, Kelley! You can do it! How about if I let you come run for 8 hrs straight and lift ridiculously heavy and completely incapacitated people for a few days.... that plateau will soon be a deep valley!

    In your corner, my friend!

    ReplyDelete